Saturday, April 25, 2009

VIDEO: Girl From Ipanema on America's Next Top Model

Six girls remain on America's Next Top Model Season 12, and they've just landed in Brazil! They are Teyona, Natalie, Allison, Aminat, Celia, and Fo. Only a few minutes after landing, they met with Brazil's Next Top Model host and supermodel, Fernanda Motta, to talk about their very first challenge - to find the Girl from Ipanema, Helô Pinheiro.



At first I thought they would have to find a statue of the girl from Ipanema, but to my shock, that girl is a real person.

I love listening to that song, but never did I think that there's a face behind that song. I thought it was a general description of girls in Ipanema. Really, I'm in shock.

According to my research, the song was actually composed for a musical entitled, "Dirigivel (Blimp)," by Vinicius de Moraes and not brought about by his admiration for the girl. The composers later on attributed the song to Helô Pinheiro when it became famous, making her a celebrity in Brazil.

Moving forward, the girls got to meet Helô Pinheiro in person. She gave them the new set of keys to their new house in Brazil.

Episode summary: Fo and Natalie won the race to find the girl from Ipanema challenge. Fo won the capoeira posing challenge. And lastly, Natalie got eliminated. Too bad, I really liked her... before. Not now 'cause she got all these attitude problems. Maybe it's because of her being really rich. I'll miss her though.

Below is a video excerpt from America's Next Top Model Season 12 Episode 10 as aired by The CW.

No comments:

Post a Comment