Friday, April 24, 2009

Studio Light (Softbox) Photo Test

Below are the photos I've taken using my improvised Softbox from my previous post Improvised Studio Light (Softbox)

I placed the softbox at my left side, thus the greater amount of light from my left. To diffuse the light, I used a reflector, improvised as well. It's just a cardboard covered with aluminum foil to reflect the light from the softbox to prevent having unwanted shadows on the right side.

I held the reflector with my right hand, making sure it reflects the light from the softbox towards my face.

It would be better to have a backdrop, so that it would be easier to crop when processing it using a photo editing software. I didn't use a backdrop because the photo shoot was just a spontaneous result of extreme boredom.

I used my Canon PowerShot SD1000 digital camera to shoot this photo.


This first photo is the original shot. Light is diffused adequately to prevent over- or under-exposure of the subject.



With a few minor editing using Photoshop, I was able to achieve an almost professional-looking photo.

Soon, I'll be setting up a mini-studio at home, so watch out for my next do-it-yourself photography projects.

For more do-it-yourself projects on photography, go to DIYPhotography.net

2 comments:

  1. Avah. I didn't know that the photo you showed me was actually edited.
    Naks! Keep it up, bro. It's great that you're really learning how to use Photoshop to edit photos 'coz that's one critical part of being a professional photographer.

    ReplyDelete