Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Improvised Studio Light (Softbox)

One of my frustrations, obviously, is photography.

Being skilled in photography can be learned, I believe. But being extremely artistic and unique is something thousands worth of classes couldn't teach you. And that is the reason I don't think I could ever get into photography - I'm not artistic enough.

Well, I thought there's no danger in trying, right? Hehe!

I don't know what gave me this idea, but I felt that starting with an improvised studio light would jumpstart me into the photography field. (Oh, crazy me.)

So I googled my way into creating my own studio light and I found this great site for starting photographers.

DIYPhotography.net has a lot of tutorials to aid our photographers to have a studio of their own. They also give lessons about proper technique, developing film, and a lot of things photographers do. (Duh.)

What I liked about their site is that it has a lot of photos to really guide on what to do and how your project should look like.

Attached are photos of the finished product from the DIYPhotography.net site and my own softbox studio light.

(DIYPhotography.net's finished softbox)



(And mine!! I've got to buy a new bulb, one that professionals really use. hehe)

Of course, mine has to have more photos than theirs. It took me almost 5 hours to finish doing that project! Haha!

3 comments:

  1. wow, a project! nice!!
    at least you're doing something worthwhile. how about photos taken with that studio light?

    btw, bro. don't mess up your room too much because we might go back there anytime. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete