Monday, April 27, 2009

My Dogs Taught Me Proper Eating Habits

Maintaining my ideal body weight has been my problem as far as I can remember. I just can't develop the discipline to control my eating habits. One day I can say I've reached my normal weight, but after a few months, I'd gain it all back -- back to zero.

Today, I've learned something really interesting from an accidental experiment that happened out of boredom.

Here's the story:

I've got two dogs - Stacie, a Labrador that looks like Andre, the sea lion and Xylo, an ordinary dog that my friend gave me.

This is Stacie, the sea lion. (Haha)


And Xylo, the Albino dog.

Well, this afternoon, I thought of playing with them, and by that I mean grabbing a bag of bread, break it into several pieces, throw it at the dogs, and watch them catch it with their mouths. It's so funny how talented those dogs are when it comes to food, especially Stacie.

Out of my experiments, I've arrived to a conclusion that my dogs represent two types of people in the world - the skinny (Xylo) and the fat (Stacie).

Aside from being really fat, Stacie gets all excited with everything that has something to do with food, like the sound of spoons and fork hitting the plate. Also, when I throw food at her, she doesn't chew it even once. She just swallows it all up. (Damn, glutton!) And lastly, when she see someone eating, she'll get jealous and would want to eat as well.

That's me. I'm sooo Stacie. I've got to be more like Xylo.

Xylo, on the other hand, is health conscious, I think. He's really skinny and when I throw food at him, he takes time to chew it, or sometimes he even keeps it aside for a while and just eats it later because he's not hungry. He doesn't get jealous when I feed Stacie. And lastly, he drinks a lot of water.

That's what we should all be if we want to lose weight. We should not think that food is everything. We should have discipline and proper eating habits, just like Xylo.

Let's all make Xylo our inspiration to become slim. If an ordinary dog can do it, so can we. We're humans. Hehe.

So tell me, are you Stacie or Xylo?

2 comments:

  1. Very nice perspective, bro. Can't believe you can come up with topics like this while feeding 'em out of boredom. Hehehe.

    Anyway, I'm clearly like Stacie (the sea lion... didn't realize that 'til I read this). Stacie also hates exercise. I'm amazed by your observations. Made me reminisce of the times I was feeding them with leftover tasty bread. LOLz.

    And, damn, I miss them. Waaahh! Can they still recognize me when I return home in October? Waaahh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so, sis. haha. i don't think stacie's the type that could easily forget a face. hehe. the dogs miss you, btw. :D

    ReplyDelete