Thursday, May 14, 2009

Gossip Girl Spin-off: Not Happening!

Early this year, there had been news that there would be a "Gossip Girl" spin-off, airing around September. It was believed that it would all be about Jenny Humphrey's life as she enters college, and that was because of the release of the spin-off novel that was released entitled, "The It Girl."

People were excited about it because Jenny has become a really interesting character in "Gossip Girl," especially when she started making clothes for Eleanor Waldorf. I, too, think that would be a great idea of a spin-off.

Now, if you've watched the latest episode (Season 2 Episode 24), it featured a flashback of Lily van der Woodsen's wild teenage life. It would give you another idea that perhaps the spin-off due later this year would be about Lily. The taste of the 80's vibe of the spin-off was interesting, but obviously it would not get that much attention.
The young Lily Rhodes (Her maiden name) was played by Brittany Snow. I don't really like her. She wasn't playing Lily convincingly. She lacks the aura of eliteness that Kelly Rutherford (who plays the older Lily van der Woodsen) has. But that's just my opinion.
Back to the spin-off issue, according to reports, it would no longer push through. It's because the show's rating is slowly sloughing down. However, this issue still has to be deliberated by the top execs. We'll just see in a couple of months how this thing would go.

Well, if you ask me, I'd love to see a spin-off about Lily van der Woodsen... the older Lily. I really love her tandem with Rufus Humphrey. Seriously, I'm always looking forward to their love story. Before I was still deciding whether to root for Serena:Dan or Rufus:Lily. Now, I've finally made up my mind. I want Rufus and Lily! Let them get married.
Here's the idea for the spin-off: "Gossip Girl" would end with Rufus finally proposing to Lily! Then the actual marriage would happen in the spin-off... but it wouldn't happen yet. As they prepare for their marriage, they would encounter a lot of issues, like they always do in GG. There would be also episodes where they would have flashbacks on why Lily has become like her mother or something, and Rufus quitting being in a band and having to start his own family.

My idea sucks, but you get the point. I'm not a writer and I don't want to give all of my ideas, the writers might steal them. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment