Tuesday, August 25, 2009

jack of all trades, but master of nothing -> ouch!

That is one harsh realization i had when i was playing "The Sims 3" on my ipod touch.

There was this part of the sim creation process where I was asked what kind of personality I would like my sim to have. I immediately chose jack of all trades because that's sooo ME! I can do almost everything, and I have always prided myself of that personal trait... until now.

After reading the description below "Jack of all trades," I was taken aback. Truth really hurts! Yes, I can do everything, but I'm no expert at anything. Ask me to sing, dance, act, declaim, write, take photographs, do well in school, be techie, bake, et cetera, I can do them all. But just being able to all those things is NOT enough. Maybe it's one of the reasons why I feel so incomplete, and that I lack purpose.

People feel contented and happy whenever they do the thing that they truly love, like Tiger Woods with playing golf, Kathy Griffin, making inappropriate jokes, or Beyonce, performing on stage.

But that's where another problem arises. I love doing all those things. I would have no psychological balance if I compromise one of those talents and focus on just one. This is harder than I thought it already is.

So that's my goal now - to finally have a purpose in this world. How would I do that? I don't know. Haha. But for now, I have to graduate nursing first, then worry about those freaking things after.

No comments:

Post a Comment