Thursday, July 9, 2009

Internal Conflict

Days and nights have passed by, and it has drawn closer and closer. It can't be stopped, nor slowed. There's no escape.

It's like standing in an arena full of blood-thirsty audience, waiting for the hungry lion to devour me whole.

A mighty warrior, I have become, with a great sword in hand and a mighty shield on the other. I know how to win this battle, for years of training in swordsmanship has prepared me for this day.

As the lion circles around me, picturing me as his next meal, I was running through tactics and strategies how to kill my predator. I am a man and the thing that stands before me is just an animal. I will win.

The mighty cat bent down, clawing its nails down to the ground as if preparing to attack. It is time. There's no turning back.

The sun's rays got to my eyes. I blinked, and by the time I opened my eyes I was covered by the shadow of the lion above me. I could have lifted my sword and pierced the animal through his guts; I could have bent down and chugged him with my shield... but I froze.

No comments:

Post a Comment